Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After the Day - OMG!

The Day After the Day started at 3:00 am. the grand kids were flying to Georgia to spend a week with Brooke's dad. My part in this Christmas present was to drive to Hobby Airport and get them on the plane. No big deal right? WRONG!

I had never driven to Hobby. I had ridden to Hobby way back in 1979, the only time I had even seen William P. Hobby Airport. With no coffee and my wife and two grand kids in the Jeep we hooked it for the airport. It was dark and misting rain. After the two hour drive it was still dark, still raining and I had no idea where I was going. I had directions the daughter had printed off of the computer, but it was dark, misting rain, and I didn't know where I was going. I managed to find all except one of the turns I needed to find and only went a few hundred yards off track before I turned around and got on the right track and made the turn into the airport.

We got the kids on the plane and made the drive back by going through Pasadena, past the bones of Gilley's, LaPorte, and Baytown. I had had enough of Houston and did not want to fight the morning traffic by heading back into town. I took the long way home and made the same time.

At home I walked both dogs, said "Hi" to Tiger the Office Cat, made coffee and hit my chair. Clutch the Cocker Spaniel perched on the footrest, Yogi Bear retired to his bed behind the chair, Momma on the sofa, and we all settled down for a long winter's nap.

I'm not getting up early in the morning, thank you very much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home