Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Muddy in the Argonne

The major holiday is over and I'm ready to get back to the war in earnest. I've been lollygagging around for about a week and have not done too much meaningful work on "The Great American War Novel". I am as stalled as the troops were in the mud of trench warfare. I have a working title, From Orange to the Argonne, an outline, and about fifteen hundred words that could become part of a chapter. At first I thought that those words would be a starting point but now I am thinking I have chosen the wrong starting point. Maybe I should back up about two points to the arrival at Camp Bowie, the initial training camp. I saw movie once with Sharon Stone where she played a muse, I think it was, she gave this guy inspiration and guidance for his projects. She was sort of a detached brain. That would be the thing to have, a brain in a box. Just take it out and use it and put it back and save it for the good stuff, use the installed brain for everyday. Like when I was a kid I had church clothes and everyday clothes.

I have also had an idea for a different approach to the story but I am not too sure that the story I want to tell would work. I need to think that one out for a while, think?

Really quiet on the home front with the grand kids in Georgia. Even Clutch the Cocker Spaniel and Yogi Bear have been quiet today. they have slept, peed, played, peed, and slept, Good Boys!

Tiger the Office Cat has been a pest today. She really has a thing for this keyboard. Dang cat hits keys and changes things that I don't know how to unchange until I hunt around a little.

Went to the grocery store today and took a little music along. I grabbed for Roy Acuff but got Ray Price, didn't notice until I started the disc in the player. Boy oh boy!

Just another day in paradise! I started the day in my world, alone and quiet, just doing my stuff for a few hours before the day started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home