Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thinking

Sgt. Carter made Gomer Pyle sit with a bucket over his head and think one one of the episodes of the old "Gomer Pyle Show." Gomer said it was really good 'cause he could just "sit and think and think and think." I'm looking for a bucket. The thinking is going slow. I think I'll just take a furlough and research a little and get back to the war tomorrow.

I'm researching and trying to write about WWI and in my off time I read about WWII for relaxation. Two of my recent readings have been about the Japanese in the extreme Southwest Pacific and Chichi Jima. The Japanese committed atrocities that the majority of us could never imagine. Both books were well written and very well documented. Many of the criminalswere punished, some executed but many were allowed to go unpunished. The emperor was much more involved than I had ever realized and was allowed to go unpunished because of his "divine" position. Something does not sound/feel right about the whole postwar Japanese situation. I confess I did buy a used Toyota years ago, but never again.

America needs to figure out a way to lose a war with itself. If America allowed America to win a war against America then America could rebuild America and give America all the advantages that Germany and Japan received after WWII. We could also welcome our former enemy (US) with open arms as we have done with Vietnam and China. Maybe I should run for president, everyone else is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home